A mix of petunias from last year’s visit to the Ball Colegrave Summer Showcase
Visits to gardens, garden shows and trade events ground to a halt half way through March, of course, with no knowing at the time how long that was going to last. As I write in early August, it’s now clear that all the main shows and garden trade events planned for this year have been cancelled, although a few smaller events are probably going ahead in September. Garden’s were happily able to reopen a little while ago, with visits needing to be booked in advance at most, so it takes a bit more planning than in the past, but at least its possible to go garden visiting again.
Also, I had also got a bit behind with last year’s visits and hadn’t written about some of them, so this seems like the ideal time to catch up with those visits as well.
Visits with interesting plants. Blog posts 2020
- Thornbridge Hall Gardens, Ashford in the Water, Derbyshire
- Haddon Hall, Bakewell, Derbyshire
- Athelhampton House and Garden, Dorset, March 2020.
- The Garden Press Event 2020 – Garden trends and old friends
- The Savill Garden, February 2020
Visits with interesting plants. Blog posts from 2019
- Visits January/February 2019 – Winter Gardens
- Visits March 2019 – Meadowcroft Garden Centre Pansy and Viola Festival
- Visits April 2019 – Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens
- Visits April 2019 – Mapperton House and Garden
- Visits May 2019 – RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- June 2019 – RHS Chatsworth Flower Show
- Visits June 2019 – Gardener’s World Live Show
- Visits June 2019 – David Austin Roses
- Visits July 2019 – Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival